WEBSITE USE TERMS AND CONDITIONS & TRADING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Any use by you of the website operated by AMS Physiotherapy Limited, www.amsphysio.co.uk (the ""Site"") is conditional upon your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, including our Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions from time to time without notice and at our discretion. It is your responsibility periodically to review this page for updates to these Terms & Conditions, which shall come into effect once posted. Your continued use of the Site will be deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, including our Privacy Statement.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS PLEASE LEAVE THE SITE NOW.
This Site is made available by AMSPhysio.co.uk and its subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies and any of their related businesses are referred to in these Terms & Conditions as "we", "us" or "our".
1. Rights- all rights in all material and content (including, but not limited to, text, images, web pages, sound, software (including, code, interface and website structure) and video, and the look and feel, design and compilation thereof) at this Site are owned by us or our licensors. You agree that you are permitted to use this material and/or content only as set out in these Terms & Conditions or as otherwise expressly authorised in writing by us or our licensors, and that you may not otherwise copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly perform, distribute, commercially exploit, adapt, translate, modify, bundle, merge, share or make available to any person, or create derivative works of such material or content."
2. Intellectual Property- We are the owner and/or authorised user of all trademarks, service marks, patents, copyrights, database rights and all other intellectual property appearing on or contained within the Site, unless otherwise indicated. Except as provided in these Terms & Conditions, use of the Site does not grant you any right, title, interest or license to any such intellectual property you may access on the Site. Except as provided in these Terms & Conditions, any use or reproduction of the intellectual property is prohibited."
3. Copying- You may view this Site and you are welcome to print hard copies of material on it solely for your lawful, personal, non-commercial use. All other copying, whether in electronic, hard copy or other format, is prohibited and may breach intellectual property laws and other laws world-wide. Furthermore, you are not entitled to reproduce, transmit, publicly perform, distribute, adapt, translate, modify, bundle, merge, share or make available to any person, or create derivative works of such material, or use it for commercial purposes, without our prior written consent. All other rights are reserved."
4. Acceptable Usage Policy- This Site may contain discussion groups, bulletin boards, chat rooms and other interactive services. We support the free flow of information and ideas over the Internet but do not actively monitor use of our discussion groups, bulletin boards or chat rooms. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any third-party sites, electronic mail transmission, text message, news group, bulletin board, chat room or other material created or accessible over or through the Site. As a result, you may be exposed to content on the Site or on sites accessible over or through the Site that you find offensive or objectionable. However, we do reserve the right to monitor our discussion groups, bulletin boards, chat rooms and other interactive portions of the Site and to remove any content which, in our sole discretion, constitutes a misuse of these interactive services and may restrict, suspend or terminate your use of these services or the Site where we believe that there has been such a misuse."
The following examples constitute a misuse of the interactive services:
(a) using the services for any improper, unlawful or immoral purpose, causing any nuisance by your use of the services or causing the operation of the services to be jeopardised or impaired;"
(b) using the services to create, host or transmit (whether in a live chat room, on a bulletin board or otherwise) any defamatory, offensive, or obscene material or engaging in activities which would cause offense to others on grounds of race, religion, creed or sex;"
(c) using the services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way;"
(d) using the services to create, host or transmit any material that threatens or encourages bodily harm or the destruction of property or would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;"
(e) using the services to create, host or transmit material which infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any other party;"
(f) using the services to create, host or transmit unsolicited advertising material to other users;"
(g) using the services to create, host or transmit any material that harasses another; using the services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items or services;
(h) adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead;"
(i) using the services to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, our or a third party's security measures, computer software, hardware, electronic communication system, or telecommunications systems;
(j) using the services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent or to engage in screen scraping, database scraping or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining lists of users or other data;
(k) using the services for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use the services or the Internet generally;"
(l) reselling, repurposing or redistributing any services provided by us our contractors or our licensees without our prior written consent; or impersonating any person or entity or using a false name that you are not authorised to use."
This list only serves to provide examples and is not meant to be an exclusive list of the type of misuses of the interactive services that may result in the restriction, suspension or termination of your access to the Site. Due to the global nature of the Internet, users hereby agree to comply with all local rules regarding on-line conduct and acceptable content. Users also agree to comply with any applicable rules regarding the export of any data from any country."
The opinions expressed in live chat rooms and/or posted on bulletin boards or on other interactive services are not necessarily ours. Any statements, advice and opinions made by such participants are those of such participants only. We neither endorse nor shall be held responsible for any such statements, advice or opinions.
5. NO WARRANTIES- THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ""AS IS,"" AND YOUR USE THEREOF IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE, OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND ASSIGNS, DISCLAIM, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE FREE FROM VIRUSES. ALTHOUGH WE TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SECURE THE SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE INTERNET IS NOT A COMPLETELY SECURE MEDIUM AND WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS YOU POST ON OR TRANSMIT THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE SAFE FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
6.THIRD PARTY GOODS AND SERVICES- WE DO NOT VOUCH FOR THOSE PERSONS, COMPANIES AND OTHER ORGANISATIONS WHOSE GOODS OR SERVICES MAY BE ACCESSED OR DISPLAYED THROUGH OR ON THE SITE.
7. Your responsibility- You should always verify the information set out in this Site with independent authorities before acting or relying on it. It is your responsibility to use virus checking software on any material downloaded from this Site and to ensure the compatibility of such software with your equipment. " In circumstances where you provide us with information relating to any third parties, you warrant that you have received that third party's consent in relation to such disclosure and that the third party has been informed of, and agrees to, our Privacy Statement and the uses which we may make of such information.
9. Materials submitted by you- Unless specifically requested, we do not solicit nor do we wish to receive any confidential, secret or proprietary information or other material from you through the Site, any of its services, by email, or in any other way. Any information or material submitted by you, and which has not been specifically requested by us, will be deemed not to be confidential, secret or proprietary. You agree that any information or materials submitted by you to this Site, whether ideas, creative concepts or other materials, may be used, reproduced and disclosed by us without restriction for whatever purpose we deem fit and without payment of any sum or acknowledgement of you as their source. You also warrant that any ""moral rights"" in posted materials have been irrevocably waived by the appropriate authors. WE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF USE OR DISCLOSURE OF SUCH MATERIALS BY US TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. This paragraph 8 does not affect any rights you may have under data privacy laws that protect your personal information or similar privacy laws, to the extent that such rights cannot be excluded.
11. Links from and to the Site- You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the information provided by Web sites to which you may link from this Site (""Linked Sites""). Links to Linked Sites do not constitute an endorsement by or association with us of such sites or the content, products, advertising or other materials presented on such sites. We have no control over these Linked Sites and do not edit or monitor them. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such Linked Sites.
12. Indemnity- You will indemnify us against any loss, damage or cost incurred by us arising out of your use of the Site, any of its services or any information accessible over or through the Site, including information obtained from linked sites, your submission or transmission of information or material on or through the Site or your violation of these Terms & Conditions or any other laws, regulations and rules. You will also indemnify against any claims that information or material which you have submitted to us is in violation of any law or in breach of any third-party rights (including, but not limited to, claims in respect of defamation, invasion of privacy, breach of confidence, infringement of copyright or infringement of any other intellectual property right). We reserve the right to exclusively defend and control any claims arising from the above and any such indemnification matters and that you will fully cooperate with us in any such defences.
13. Restriction, Suspension and Termination- We may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Site and/or your ability to avail of any of the services on the Site, including interactive services, if we believe that you have breached these Terms & Conditions at any time. Any such restriction, suspension or termination will be without prejudice to any rights which we may have against you in respect of your breach of these Terms & Conditions. We may also remove the Site as a whole or any sections or features of the Site at any time. Please note that we have the ability to trace your IP address and if necessary, contact your ISP in the event of a suspected breach of these Terms & Conditions.
15. Law and Jurisdiction- These terms and conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
TRADING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.
BY ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE AND/OR USING THE ONLINE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN ADDITION
TO THE TERMS OF ANY RELEVANT APPLICATION YOU MAKE FOR YOUR ACCOUNT AS A PRE-CONDITION FOR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SYSTEM.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT ANY OF THESE TERMS OR CONDITIONS, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE YOUR ACCESS OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICES.
16. Trading Terms and Conditions Overview
Please take a moment to read the following Terms and Conditions for AMS Physiotherapy Limited (trading as AMS Physio) Online Appointment Booking System for Patients.
17. Online Booking System Use.
AMS Physio’s Online Appointment Booking System is strictly for the booking and cancellation of appointments, registration of patient details and viewing certain patient account information only.
In order to use this System, you are required to complete the registration process by providing AMS Physio with current, complete and accurate information as required in the registration process in this System.
As a registered user, you can use your account to make appointments for someone else, for example, your parents or children. You will however remain principally liable for the appointments so made in addition to the person on whose behalf the appointment is made.
By using this System, you are agreeing to any and all terms and conditions of AMS Physio in relation to appointment booking, including, but not limited to, cancellations, did not attend charges and refunds. You should contact AMS Physio directly if you have would like to know more about the terms and conditions of bookings.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and all activities that occur under your account.
You must at all times ensure that the integrity and the security of the System is preserved and maintained. Accordingly, you must ensure, inter alia, that there is no unauthorised use of your password or your account. You will forthwith on being aware of any unauthorised access, or theft of your password notify AMS Physio and provide such particulars as AMS Physio may require. You are solely responsible to ensure that none of the events as mentioned in this Clause occurs, but if any of them does occur you shall indemnify AMS Physio and all relevant third parties for any loss and damage that AMS Physio of any one or more relevant members thereof as may be the case or any and all relevant third parties may suffer as a consequence of such unauthorised access and use.
Bookings placed via the System are placed at your sole risk. You agree to check and ensure that your booking requests have been properly received and accepted by AMS Physio where relevant.
AMS Physio reserves the right, in their discretion, to terminate or suspend your access to the System without notice.
Without prejudice to the preceding clause, AMS Physio reserves the right to terminate or suspend your access to the System for inactivity, which is defined as failing to log into the System for an extended period of time, as determined by AMS Physio.
AMS Physio shall not be responsible for unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, any material or data sent or received or not sent or received, or any transactions entered into through AMS Physio website. Reasonable and appropriate measures are taken to ensure that your personal data is protected from unauthorised access or modification, unlawful destruction and improper use. However, the internet is an open system and AMS Physio cannot and do not guarantee that the personal information you have submitted will not be intercepted by others and decrypted.
AMS Physio shall have no obligation to maintain any content in your account.
AMS Physio reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which the System is offered.
You are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions and additional terms posted under Terms and Conditions. Your continued use of the System constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices. In addition you agree to abide by the procedures and instructions as may from time to time be set out in AMS Physio in respect of the System or other written materials or communications provided to you including the terms of your application and conditions for any approval of your account.
AMS Physio cannot and do not warrant, expressed or implied, as to the uninterrupted and error-use of this site or the correctness, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, usefulness or validity of the material, information or services provided or accessed herein.
AMS Physio does not warrant against any interruptions or losses (including data loss), or that files available for downloading from this website as well as functions performed herein, be free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other code manifesting contamination or destructive properties.
AMS Physio and its institutions shall in no event be liable for any damages, loss or expense including without limitation, direct, indirect, special, or consequential damage, or economic loss arising from or in connection with: any access, use or the inability to access or use this website; any system, server or connection failure, error, omission, interruption, delay in transmission, or computer virus; and any use of or access to any other website linked to this website.
AMS Physio warrants that personal data submitted via this website will be held only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is provided.
18. Types of Appointments.
The ‘Physiotherapy Assessment’ appointment type will be selected if this is your first physiotherapy appointment;
you are coming to see us for a new injury; or
it has been 6 to 8 weeks since you saw us last with your current injury
The ‘Physiotherapy Follow-up’ appointment type will be used if you are returning within 6 to 8 weeks with the same injury.
For continuity of care, please try to book in with the same clinician for each appointment, as our experience tells us that the patients who follow the plans of the same physiotherapist generally respond better to treatment.
19. Paying for Bookings.
Patients must pay for their chosen appointment in advance through PayPal or at the time of the appointment unless you have Private Medical Insurance and are able to provide the required details of your Private Insurer.
All appointments are made on the understanding that a full 24 hours’ notice will be given to cancel or change an appointment, and that if a minimum of 24 hours’ notice is not received by us you agree to pay us the full fee for the appointment.
If the appointment is made less than 24 hours from the actual time of the appointment it can be changed or cancelled without charge if notice is received within 120 minutes of the booking being made. After 120 minutes has elapsed from the time of booking you agree to pay us the full fee for the appointment.
Receipts will be provided if necessary.
20. Payment of Appointments by Third-Party Insurance.
AMS Physio is registered for physiotherapy with most major private health insurers in the UK.
If you would like your physiotherapy costs to be covered by your health insurance, please notify the insurance company before making an initial consultation.
Most insurers require a doctor to recommend physiotherapy, so you may need to arrange an appointment with your GP to start with.
At your 1st consultation bring your membership details, authorisation number and any excess relating to your policy.
The fees, when invoiced directly, to insurers may vary from our standard fees.
You may choose to pay at the time of your appointment and take responsibility for your own claim process.
Please be aware that your insurance may not cover the full cost of your invoice (e.g. policy excess) and you remain liable for all costs associated with your treatment.
21. Booking Times.
The booked time covers the period of the appointment.
We retain the right to cancel your appointment booking at any time.
22. Confirmation of Booking / Checking-in
All Patients must report to reception on arrival.
All on-line bookings are confirmed by the issuing of a booking confirmation direct to your nominated email address. Without this confirmation, your appointment booking may not be complete.
The booking confirmation email may be requested on arrival to validate the appointment.
All bookings are made in the name of a specified individual as set out on the booking confirmation and therefore proof of identity may be required.
If you are making an appointment for someone else we will accept notification to cancel the appointment from you (the person making the booking) or the person for whom the appointment is made. However, in making an appointment you accept that it is your responsibility to ensure notice to cancel the appointment is received, and that ultimately you are responsible for paying for the missed or late cancelled appointment.
23. Cancellations or Change of Bookings
To cancel or change a booking, please call Head Office on 03300 102 215.
Confirmed bookings are subject to the normal cancellation policy of AMS Physio which is 24 hours prior to your appointment.
If less than 24 hours' notice is given before cancelling your appointment, or if you fail to attend, or are late for your appointment, you will still be charged the full amount for your appointment.
If you do not attend your appointment or notify us within 24 hours of your appointment, the booking will be non-transferable and non-refundable.
If you do not attend an appointment you agree to pay us the full fee for the appointment.
25. Other Charges
In the unfortunate circumstance that we are required to pursue an unpaid fee or invoice, you accept that you will be responsible for paying all recovery and administration fees incurred by us, including any fees of a Third Party working on our behalf in recovering payment of the invoice in full.
26. Data Protection
All data will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act, 1988.
Medical records are only accessed by authorised personnel.
Disclosure of information may be made to appropriate health professionals, such as your GP, when communicating about your presenting condition.
It is common practice to write to your GP and/or referring Specialist; if you do not want this to happen please inform your clinician.
27. Consent To Treatment
It is the policy of AMS Physio to obtain consent from the client prior to starting an episode of care.
As a client you have the right to decline treatment from AMS Physio at any stage without prejudicing your future care.
During the course of an episode of care, certain specialist treatments may require subsequent consent-to-treatment, but will be fully discussed with you.
All assessments and treatments will be performed by a qualified, registered and insured therapist who will work within their defined scope of practice as defined by their relevant UK governing body.
You must advise your therapist of anything that may affect your treatment or diagnosis.
Following examination, an explanation of the therapist's opinion and proposed treatment will be provided.
It is important you fully understand the diagnosis, recommendations, procedures and treatments that will be involved, including any possible side effects.
In some circumstances a degree of undress may be required, but will be explained at the time by your therapist.
You are entitled to be accompanied during your treatment if you wish.
We will endeavour to maintain your dignity and modesty at all times.
The information provided on this website is intended as a guide to inform the reader of our services at AMS Physio.
You should not rely solely on the information provided here as the only source of self-management of an injury.
We believe the information to be truthful but always recommend seeking professional advice on the best approach to management of individual injuries and for decisions on return to work, sport or other activities.