Following a fracture, physiotherapy should begin as soon as the fracture has been immobilised. Treatment during the healing will include:
- Maintaining and increasing the strength for weakened muscles
- Encourage Healing
- Reduce pain
- Reduce swelling
- Promote weight bearing for lower limbs
- Promote functional use
Once your fracture has healed and any cast has been removed, you should continue to have physiotherapy treatment for a period of up to 12 months.
This will help to:
- Return to full function
- Return strength and full range of movement
- Ensure you can return to weight bearing activities during sport and day to day living.
- Increase your chance of a more positive rehabilitation outcome following a fracture.
Call us today to book in with one of experienced HPC registered physiotherapists and get your rehabiliation on track, we're with you every step of the way.
Find out more about who we are or what the AMS Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic's principles are using the links, but remember it is not what we say but what our clients say about us that counts for so much more.
If you are still undecided then lets us give you 10 good reasons to choose AMS Physiotherapy and try to persuade you as to why you should pick up the phone to arrange your first convenient physiotherapy appointment.
We have clinics located throughout Devon and Somerset for your convenience so don't delay, call us now on 0800 612 0459 and start your unique road to recovery, if you would prefer we can call you or you can simply ask us a question first.
Treating you to a better future.